Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nightshift


Nightshift, originally uploaded by karoluscamilius.

A popular Andrew Lloyd Webber song goes "Night time sharpens, heightens each sensation.," lyrics that almost every night owl like me can easily relate to. In the scheme of sleeping during the day and being up and about during the night, it is not easy at all to spend a full time job at a time of day when we should all be tucked in bed and be snoring away. Working during the night, however, brings about a unique experience incomparable to any other. For some , it's the caffeine rush they get from their venti cups of lattes and cappuccinos. For others it's the experience of sharing the same lifestyle with those halfway across the globe. There may even be people addicted to the zombie like experience of being half-awake or should I say half asleep. Whatever it may be, my personal unique experience is that with every phone ring I make, with each tippity-tap on the keyboard, each Hi, Hello and how do you do, is my way of helping make the music of the night. What's your experience?

5 comments:

rheiboy17 said...

everytime i look at PBCom building in the morning i remember a night crawler blogger... we are temporarily at Philam. lapit ngarud!

The Nomadic Pinoy said...

I once worked the graveyard shift in the hospital and it wasn't easy for me getting the right amount of sleep during the day. I hated it.

rheiboy17 said...

btw, ganda ng shot.

K.C. said...

Thanks Doc! Pa-burger ka naman. :D

TNP, been working the graveyard 5 years and counting. haha. I know, it ain't healthy anymore, but such is the life here back home. :)

Champagne Supernova said...

I'm on 12hour night shift 3 times a week now and it feels like pulling a double on each day.